Sklar believes that education is the most important tool anyone can have, and educating healthcare professionals has always been a top priority for us. Many hours and collective effort have gone in the development of our free CE course, and it makes us proud to have you take advantage of it.
What will you learn in this IAHCSMM accredited online course?
- Sklar History
- Late 19th century founded by Russian immigrant John Sklar
- Supplied US military in 2 wars; merits of achievement
- Global reach; international customers
- 19,000 + instruments for a variety of practice specialties
- Basics of Surgical Instruments
This course is designed to take you on a journey, from the rustic artifacts used by Paleolithic humans as surgical instruments, to the sophisticated OR Grade highest quality surgical instruments made from U.S. and German stainless steel. Simply put, you will learn about:
- History of surgical instruments
- Instrument manufacturing process and metallurgy
- Parts of a surgical instrument
- Instrument categorization by function
- Identification of the most commonly used instruments
- Instrument sets
The information is augmented by photographs, illustrations and clear examples. The course contains a study guide, and a 20 question test. Challenge your colleagues! Share your score on social media or post a photo of your certificate #SklarSurgicalCEcourse. We hope you enjoy it, so venture on. Register at the link below and learn something different and interesting today.
Credit Hour(s), Course & Materials Approved by International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM)
Sklar is an instrument manufacturer with a reputation for the highest degree of quality, consistency, and staying power. As such, we are uniquely qualified to offer CE accredited courses.